Sunday, March 4, 2018

It Feels Like Spring!

Okay...some days it feels like Spring. This weather is a silly roller coaster and I think that's why I've had trouble getting into the spirit. Here in Tucson, we've had snow fall twice in the past couple weeks, and then heat up to mid 70's. Crazy I know.

Along with our wacky weather, our family has been on fence with some possible changes in the future and I just couldn't seem to clear my mind enough to stamp. So, with the air settled a bit and things finalized, I was FINALLY able to sit down and play with my new Lots of Lavender Stamp set that I got back in early February. (Life I tell ya...)

I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest and really wanted to try that look along with this watercolor technique I've grown quite fond of. Well, I had one trial card that didn't turn out.. So here is my finished product!


I'll just give you a quick rundown on how I created this beauty. I stamped 5 times with the lavender outline stamp upside down and set it aside. The fun part happens when it gets messy. Using a ziploc bag (do not use cellophane wrap because it easily tears and color will leak and stain), I dropped a few splatters of Prussian Blue Brushos powder and a couple drops of Brilliant Red, then sprayed them with water. (Be careful doing that as the pigment will fly out). Now, to avoid such deep color, I used a brayer to roll the color around and mix it a bit. Then turn your stamped image down and rub it onto the remaining color splotches. Next, I picked up my brayer and kind of went caddy-corner along the stamped side to spread that lavender color around. I then used my aqua painter and colored in my lavender petals, made a green color for the leaves, and added a touch of Wink of Stella to the ribbons. The card was beautiful at this point and I couldn't think what I wanted it to say. Looking at my new framelits, the AMAZING stuck out at me. So I cut that out with the gold cardstock. Finished it off with a little gold thread in the background.  Simply made and finished! 

I hope you enjoy making a mess, I mean, a beautiful card as much as I did!!
-Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment